Colin Fisher Funeral Directors aim to always deliver a dignified and respectful funeral, whatever your budget.
As funeral experts we appreciate that all funerals are different, and you may want to add personal, additional details to the service. We will always give you a written breakdown of the funeral costs for your arrangements before you book the service.
Funeral Services we offer
Below find the details of our standard funeral service, as well as optional extras and funeral costs.
Our standard funeral service starts from £2,635 (£2,730 including embalming).
Standard Funeral Cost Breakdown
Professional Fee – £1,050
- Taking all instructions and making the necessary arrangements for the funeral
- Obtaining and preparing the necessary statutory documents
- Liaising with cemetery/crematorium authorities
- Liaising with hospitals, doctors, HM Coroner, clergy and other third parties
- Providing advice on all aspects of the funeral arrangements
Care of the Deceased – £610
- Provision of private mortuary facilities prior to the funeral
- Care of the deceased prior to the funeral
- Provision of a standard white gown or dressing in clothes provided
- Bereavement and aftercare assistance
Vehicles and Funeral Staff – £975
- Closed hearse/private ambulance from place of death to our chapels (within a 10 mile radius of our premises)
- Provision of a hearse and chauffeur on the day of the funeral*
- The provision of all necessary staff on the day of the funeral, including Funeral Conductor and four bearers
- Provision of a limousine seating six people and chauffeur on the day of the funeral
The Standard Funeral Service does not include the cost of the coffin or casket selected, any additional services or fees or any disbursements (such as Doctors’ fees, Ministers’ fees, and crematorium or cemetery costs) paid to third parties on your behalf.
Total Cost for Standard Funeral Service – £2,635
Embalming (Required if viewing in our private Chapels of Rest) – £95
* If a horse-drawn hearse is selected, the cost of the motor hearse (£565) will be removed from the above fee.
Additional Arrangements & Costs
These services and fees are in addition to the Standard Funeral Service fees.
Horse Drawn Hearse In Lieu of Motor Hearse
- Horse hearse – black or white with two horses – £1,700
- Horse hearse – black or white with four horses – £2,350
Local Church or Memorial Service Only
- Use of our private chapel for Service – £150
- Hearse and staff for church/memorial service only, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm – £699
- Hearse and staff for church/memorial service only, Monday to Friday 5pm to 10pm – £799
- Hearse and staff for church/memorial service only, Saturday – £875
- Hearse and staff for church/memorial service only, Sunday – £950
Removal of deceased
- Out of hours removal, Monday to Friday between 5pm and 10pm – £195
- Out of hours removal, Monday to Friday between 10pm and 8am and all day Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holiday – £395
- Excess mileage over 10 miles radius from our premises, per mile – £2
Take Coffin Home or Into Church (Extra journey prior to the funeral)
- Hearse and staff to take coffin home or into a church, Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm – £195
- Hearse and staff to take coffin home or into a church Monday to Friday after 5pm or Saturday – £350
- Hearse and staff to take coffin home or into a church Sunday or Bank Holiday – £630
- Saturday Funeral – £450
- Sunday or Bank Holiday Funeral – £550
- Additional limousines 1-3 (per limousine) – £215
- Additional limousines 4-6 (per limousine) – £230
- Funerals in excess of three hours – hourly charge, per vehicle – £70
- Additional Floral hearse – £375
- Additional bearers – required for Health & Safety reasons (per bearer, up to three hours) – £60
- Collection of cremated remains from local crematorium (deductible from price of any urn purchased) – £25
- Storage of cremated remains, per month – £25
- Order of Service – 50 copies, from – £135
- Use of mortuary facilities for washing – £100
- Mortuary storage facilities – additional days, per day – £50
- Dove to be released after funeral – first dove – £125
- Doves to be released after funeral – additional doves, per dove – £30
- Memorial book – recording of attending mourners etc – £30
- Grave marker – 36” solid oak cross with inscribed nameplate** – £80
- Remove & Replace a Headstone – £375
- Remove & Replace a Full Memorial – £485
**The cost of the grave marker will be removed from the cost of any memorial purchased after the funeral.
This is not an exhaustive list of the additional services that are available. You may wish to personalise the funeral service to reflect the personality of the person that has passed away. Please speak to your funeral arranger at Colin Fisher funeral directors, to discuss your requirements and advise on the options, and funeral costs available.