Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to keeping your information secure and managing it in accordance with our legal responsibilities under applicable data protection laws. We are registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a data controller under registration number ZA084171.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully as it contains important information to help you understand how and why we process any personal information that you give to us.
What Information We Collect
We process personal information which you give us:
- As a customer to provide you with funeral repatriation services
- Whilst servicing your request through our website, in writing or over the phone
- If you request information or assistance from us
What personal information we process
- Personal details such as your name, phone number, email address, passport information, home address, EU Member ID information, birth certificate information and financial information which includes your bank account details and credit or debit card details
- In the case of corporate clients, the employee’s contact name, their phone number and email address and the financial information as detailed above
Special Categories of Personal Data
Special categories of personal data include information about an individual’s health and other categories of personal information which are closely protected.
We do not generally process such information unless you have voluntarily provided this to us. For example, where you have advised us of a health issue, which could mean that you may be classed as a “vulnerable”. We will process sensitive information where you have voluntarily provided this information to us and have agreed that we can use this information to deliver services to you. Where possible we shall seek to minimise the collection and use of such special categories of personal data.
How we use your Information
We use your information to:
- provide you with funeral repatriation services
- provide and service your requests
- Comply with legal obligations where we are required to verify your identity and legally disclose your personal information to regulatory authorities or government bodies
We will process your information where we have a legitimate interest to do so, where we have your consent, where we are permitted by law or to comply with applicable law and regulation.
|PURPOSE ||LEGAL BASIS |
|Providing a service and internal processing |
|To assess your needs and provide you with suitable products and services || |
- Legitimate interest to provide and manage the service
- Where special categories of personal data are processed, these are necessary to assess your needs
|To service and administer your request || |
- Legitimate interests to provide and manage the service
|To confirm, update and improve our customer records || |
- To comply with legal obligations in the Data Protection regulations
|To provide you with any information on the services that you have requested || |
- Legitimate interests to provide information on the services you have requested
|Relationship Management |
|To inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you, where you have chosen to be made aware of this || |
|Training and development |
|For training purposes and to improve our service to you || |
- Legitimate interests to improve our services and develop our employees
|Complying with Legal Obligations |
|To prevent, investigate and prosecute crime, fraud and money laundering || |
- To comply with legal obligations for prevention of financial crime and money laundering
|If we are obliged to disclose information by reason of any law, regulation or court order || |
- To comply with legal obligations
|To transfer information to any entity which may acquire rights in us || |
- Legitimate interests for commercial interests
|For any other purpose to which you agree. || |
How we retain your personal information
We will retain your personal information in accordance with applicable laws. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or anonymise personal information we no longer need for the purposes we have set our above.
Our retention periods are:
|Type of personal Information ||Retention Period |
|General personal data which include your normal personal data, personal identity and personal financial data || |
- 10 years after the end of our relationship with you
|Financial Information which includes your bank account details and credit or debit card details || |
|Special categories of personal data || |
- 10 years after the end of our relationship with you
How we share your information
Where necessary or required we may need to share your personal information with:
- UK or international funeral directors to co-ordinate elements of the repatriation
- Airlines to book your travel arrangements
- Translators to translate documents you may need in another language
- Faith venues to arrange a memorial service where you have requested this
- Crematoriums where you request the repatriation of ashes to them
- Regulatory authorities to comply with our legal obligations
These parties may be located in the UK, other countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) or elsewhere in the world. Whenever we or service providers transfer your personal information outside of the EEA, we or they will impose the standard contractual obligations on the recipients of that information to protect your personal information to the standard required in the EEA.
We invest appropriate resources to protect your personal information, from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, no internet-based site can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control.
We will keep this Privacy Statement under review and make updates from time to time. Any minor changes to this Privacy Statement will be posted on this page and we will communicate any major changes to you.
Where links are provided to other websites it should be noted that they are not and cannot be governed by our Privacy Statement. We cannot guarantee your privacy when you access other websites through any link provided on this website.
You have the right to request copies of your personal information within our custody and control and details of how we use that information. If you think any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, you may also request it is corrected or erased. You also have a right, in certain circumstances, to object to our processing of your personal information, to require us to stop processing your personal information and/or to withdraw your agreement to processing based on ‘consent’, but this does not apply where we have other legal justifications to continue processing your data or an overriding legitimate interest.
In relation to all of these rights, please write to us at the address below.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal information you may contact us using the details below and we will investigate your complaint. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk), which regulates the processing of personal data.
You can contact us by writing to us at:
Colin Fisher Funeral Directors
109 Cotmandene Crescent,
Kent, BR5 2RB
Telephone queries can be made to 020 8300 3700